51 Gay Slang Phrases You’ve heard Before never. Find out about believe Catalog and our article writers on our about page.
51 Gay Slang Phrases You’ve heard Before never. Find out about believe Catalog and our article writers on our about page. Most of camfuze com us are aware of typical homosexual slang like “kiki” or “trade, ” but did you ever hear of a “Lucky Pierre” a “Ring Snatcher? ” You might be one — […]
Most of camfuze com us are aware of typical homosexual slang like “kiki” or “trade, ” but did you ever hear of a “Lucky Pierre” a “Ring Snatcher? ” You might be one — and you don’t even know if you haven’t.
Put together from dictionaries and glossaries featuring centuries of queer slang from around the world, listed here are 50 unusual or phrases that are out-of-use you ought to agree to memory. “Over the connection to Pimpleton” we get.
1. Angel food (n. ) – homosexual male pilot currently serving floating around Force.
2. Basket shopping (v. ) – when cruising or someone that is checking, British term refers to examining the item of one’s affection’s personal areas through their clothes.
3. Beat (adj. ) – incredibly wonderful or great, “fabulous. ” Example: “Did you notice her during the club today? That look was beat. ”
4. Bulldagger (n. ) – a woman that is masculine closely pertaining to “butch lesbian. ” Also see: “Diesel lesbian, ” term referring to women that are queer appear to be vehicle motorists.
5. Chapstick lesbian (n. ) – queer identified woman that is sporty and athletic. Your message denotes that she’s the not the sort to put on makeup products (ala a “lipstick lesbian”) and applies to an even more natural look.
6. Chicken (n. ) – a young homosexual male looking for older males; see additionally: Chicken hawk, talking about a mature homosexual male trying to find more youthful lovers.
7. Cottaging (v. ) – British slang for starting up in public places restrooms.
8. Donald Duck (letter. ) – a homosexual male that is dishonorably released through the Navy with regards to their sex; see additionally: “Dishonorable Discharge, ” or masturbating solamente after wanting to pick someone up and failing.
9. Doris Day (n. ) – 90s South African slang for Gay Pride. Example: “The gays will march on Doris Day. ”
10. Eyeball queen (n. ) – individual who derives pleasure from viewing others participate in sex.
11. Fanny bellhop (n. ) – gay male employed by the hospitality industry, such as for example a concierge or a bellhop at a resort.
12. Fish and chips (n. ) – pejorative 90s British slang for the partner and kids of the married lover that is“heterosexual.
13. Complete household (n. ) – term used to denote having one or more intimately sent disease simultaneously.
14. Woman scout (n. ) – military man on leave, presently looking for intercourse.
15. Grimm’s fairy (letter. ) – often utilized to describe an aging homosexual male, comparable to “auntie”
16. Hetty (n. ) – reduced form of the term “heterosexual, ” similar to “hetero” or “het. ”
17. Horatian (n. ) – from the belated nineteenth century, term utilized at Oxford amongst Lord Byron along with his compatriots up to a bisexual individual; see additionally: “Gillette blade, ” discussing a bisexual feminine.
18. Hoyden (n. ) – slang from Britain into the sixteenth century to relate to an untameable, crazy girl or even a tomboy.
19. Ice cream (n. ) – thereforeme body so sweet that you’ve got the desire to lick them.
20. In sisters (n. ) – two effeminate homosexual men who possess a romantic but non-sexual relationship, often close friends.
22. Iron closet (letter. ) – individual in deep denial about their sexuality that is own who might never ever turn out.
24. Lacy (adj. ) – utilized to a really effeminate homosexual male.
25. Lounge lizard (n. ) – someone who frequents pubs, attempting to grab other individuals’ mates.
26. Happy Pierre (letter. ) – the middleman in a Eiffel Tower.
27. Skip Congeniality (letter. ) – exceedingly negative term talking about an unlikable or “bitchy” homosexual male.
28. Mom Superior (n. ) – older and wiser homosexual male whom has existed the block once or twice; comparable to “auntie, ” but more favorable.
29. Nine-dollar bill (n. ) – exceedingly outward homosexual, one three-times more flaming than an individual who is “queerer than the usual three-dollar bill. ”
30. Regarding the make (adj. ) – single person entitled to dating or casual intercourse. See additionally: “In circulation. ”
31. Orphan (n. ) – anyone who has already been separated with.
32. Within the connection to Pimpleton (letter. ) – cumbersome term for homosexual intercourse.
33. Passion fruit (n. ) – old Hollywood term talking about an incredibly straight-acting and typically masculine male.
34. Ring snatcher (n. ) – while having sex, the one who executes the bottom part. Additionally see: “Pratt. ”
35. Rumpy-Rumpy (n. ) – homosexual intercourse; see additionally: “Bumper to Bumper, ” referring to lesbian sex that is vaginal.
36. Sappho Daddy-o (letter. ) – gay male who enjoys the organization of lesbians, comparable to “Fruit Fly” for straight ladies.
37. Saturday Night Lesbian (letter. ) – term for lesbians who prove as heterosexual on the normal weekdays and could be within the cabinet to friends and co-workers.
38. Trousers (n. ) – no-longer-in-use term to a lesbian; see additionally: “Muffer” or Fish that is“Kissing.
39. Smurf (n. ) – another term for twink, often more pejorative, because it implies a “bitchy” demeanor.
40. Tinkerbelle (n. ) – queer man who enjoys being urinated upon.
41. Ursula (n. ) – queer woman who hangs away with “bears; ” also called a “Goldilocks. ”
42. Vampire (n. ) – gay males whom venture out interested in hookups later through the night.
43. Vegan (n. ) – homosexual male that will maybe perhaps not provide dental.
44. Warm bruder (n. ) – German phrase accustomed identify a homosexual male; “warm” is German slang for “homosexual. ”
Note: if you reside in Germany, you’ve positively heard this 1. English and American German-speakers have actually a bad practice of saying “Ich bin hot” on hot days, being unsure of what they’re really saying.
45. Wendy (n. ) – a person that is caucasian.
46. Wolf (n. ) – gay male that is neither a twink nor a bear, but falls someplace in involving the two poles; comparable to a cub.
47. Wrinkle room (n. ) – pejorative term for the club whose clientele primarily contains older gays.
48. Garden boy (n. ) – gay male who enjoys making love in general public, particularly in outside venues.
49. Yestergay (n. ) – former homosexual who now identifies as straight, generally known as “ex-gays. ”
50. Zanie (n. ) – archaic nineteenth century expression talking about a homosexual that is male
51. Zipper club (n. ) – a sex celebration or orgy that takes invest an area that is public just like a bathhouse or a bar.
Note: Autostraddle includes a list that is great of queer expressions, a few of that have been included here. Always check the rest out on the web web site. Madison Moore has also a list explaining best wishes homosexual black colored slang.
Have the best of idea Catalog in your inbox.
Subscribe to the idea Catalog Weekly and obtain the very best tales through the to your inbox every Friday week.
You might unsubscribe whenever you want. By subscribing, you accept the terms of our Privacy declaration.
In regards to the writer
Find out about attention Catalog and our authors on our about page.